B.Sc. International Relations & Diplomacy
B.Sc. International Relations and Diplomacy is a four–year degree programme designed to develop students’ understanding of the international system and equip them with the knowledge and skills needed to pursue a career in international diplomacy and other related fields. The programme covers topics such as international law, international economics, international relations, diplomatic protocol, and foreign policy analysis.
Additionally, students can choose from a range of electives, including international security, global governance, and conflict resolution. The programme also provides opportunities for internships and fieldwork, allowing students to gain hands–on experience in the international relations field. Graduates of the programme will be well–equipped to pursue a career in diplomacy, international organizations, NGOs, and other international institutions.
The objectives of the International Relations & Diplomacy degree programme are to:
- stimulate in students an appreciation of international relations theories and other tools of analysis, and their applications in different contexts at the national and international levels;
- provide students with a broad and balanced knowledge and practical skills in international relations;
- develop in students the ability to apply their international relations theories, analytical tools, knowledge and skills to the solution of international problems;
- produce students who have the competences in fieldwork, data collection as well as ability to analyse and present these in coherent form;
- provide students with relevant knowledge and skills for further studies in international relations as a multi-disciplinary field of study; and
- generate in students an appreciation of the importance of international relations in national- political, economic, and social development on the one hand and in the maintenance of global peace and security on the other.
A career in B.Sc. International Relations and Diplomacy is an exciting one as it involves working with various international organizations and governments to promote peaceful relations between nations and to resolve disputes. It requires a deep understanding of international law and politics, and requires a great deal of research and analysis. Individuals who choose to pursue a career in this field may find themselves working in a variety of roles, such as a foreign policy analyst, a diplomat, a lobbyist, or an international relations specialist.
Those in this field must be highly organized, diplomatic, and have excellent communication skills. They must also be able to maintain strong working relationships with both domestic and international partners. A career in this field can be both rewarding and challenging and requires a great deal of dedication and hard work. Those who pursue this field can look forward to a rewarding career that can lead to a variety of opportunities both domestically and abroad.
Admission into Iconic University for bachelor’s degree does not require JAMB result, but candidate will be asked to get a JAMB regularization number upon successful admission in order to be used for his/her NYSC at the time of graduation.
Note: Admission for B.Sc. International Relations & Diplomacy is available only for 100 level now.
- 100 Level (Freshman)
- Five (5) credits passes in WAEC, NECO, NBAIS, or similar bodies as recognised. The credit passes must include English Language, Mathematics and Economics/Geography/Government/Civic Education, at not more than two sittings.
- Five (5) merits in NABTEB or Teachers Grade Two examinations in Science subjects. Also, the credit passes must include English Language, Mathematics and Economics/Geography/Government/Civic Education.
- 200 Level (Sophomores)
- The Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) with a merit pass in English Language in addition to a credit pass in
- National Diploma (ND) or Higher National Diploma (HND) in International Relations/Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution.
from reputable institutions with a minimum of Lower Credit.
- GCE Advance level with at least two credit passes.
- OND with evidence of proficiency in Economics/Geography/Government/Civic Education.
- Certificate in Criminology and Security Studies or the equivalent from a recognized University in addition to three O’ Level papers in Art and Social Science, including credit pass in English Language, and Mathematics.
- First degree in B.Sc., B.A or B.Ed.
Iconic University charges modest fees that give learners the chance to pay per semester only. Nigeria candidates seeking admission will pay an application fee of
N10,000 and $30 would be paid by foreign applicants.
N75,000 and $500 (for foreign students only).
Note: This schedule is only applicable to Spring Semester 2023/’24 academic session.