B.N.Sc. Nursing Science
The Bachelor of Nursing Science (B.NSc.) programme is designed to prepare students for a career in the nursing field. The programme focuses on the science and practice of nursing, including the development of clinical skills, ethical decision–making, health promotion and disease prevention, and care of the chronically ill. Students learn to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care, as well as develop leadership and management skills. Coursework includes topics such as anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, health assessment, clinical nursing care, and research methods. The programme also emphasizes professional development, including communication, critical thinking, and problem–solving skills. The B.NSc. programme prepares graduates to become responsible and compassionate nurses, capable of providing quality healthcare to patients and families.
The Bachelor of Nursing Science Degree Programme is specifically designed to:
- prepare graduate nurses who can think and communicate thoughts effectively discriminate among values, and utilise evidence to inform actions in healthcare;
- produce polyvalent nurses capable of delivering care in a variety of settings therapeutically;
- assisting individuals, families and communities with diverse back grounds and health problems to;
- attain optimal health and performing nursing skills at proficient levels that assured safety of the clients;
- produce graduates who can relate their roles in health care service delivery to the broader social system and who will be engaged in life-long and self-directed learning;
- prepare graduates who will communicate effectively with clients, members of the health care team and other stakeholders, using current technologies in education and delivery of health care services; and
- prepare graduates who can initiate innovative changes in nursing education, (clinical) practice and administration through research.
A career in B.NSc. Nursing Science opens up an array of potential career opportunities. After completing a B.NSc. Nursing Science degree, individuals can pursue a career in the healthcare sector, either in a clinical or administrative setting. Working in a clinical setting, one can specialize in various areas such as geriatrics, pediatrics, cancer care, and mental health. Alternatively, individuals may work in an administrative capacity, such as a nursing manager or a clinical nurse educator.
In addition to the clinical and administrative positions, B.NSc. Nursing Science degree holders may also pursue a career in research. They can work as a research nurse, which involves conducting research studies, designing clinical trials, and analyzing research data. Additionally, individuals can also pursue teaching positions at universities or become a consultant in the field of nursing science.
21st Century Skills
Graduates of B.N.Sc program are trained in diverse areas of nursing science and possess 21st century digital innovations in health care and education in nursing informatics and nursing entrepreneurship. Emphases are on:
1. partnership and collaboration;
2. effective communication;
3. ethical decision making;
6. digital literacy
7. multi-disciplinary collaborations;
8. leadership skills and team work; and
9. critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Admission into Iconic University for bachelor’s degree does not require JAMB result, but candidate will be asked to get a JAMB regularization number upon successful admission in order to be used for his/her NYSC at the time of graduation.
Note: Admission for B.N.Sc. Nursing Science is only available for 200 level.
- 200 Level (Sophomores)
- Five (5) credit passes in WAEC, NECO, NBAIS, NABTEB or similar bodies as recognised. The credit passes must include English Language, Mathematics and Physics/Chemistry/Biology/Health Science, at not more than two sittings.
- In addition to (1) above, applicants must present: Registered Nurse Certificates of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- A valid practice license issued by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria at the point of physical screening, or candidates can show evidence of payment for the renewal of their license.
Iconic University charges modest fees that give learners the chance to pay per semester only. Nigerian candidates seeking admission will pay an application fee of
N10,000 and $30 would be paid by foreign applicants.
N98,500 and $800 (for foreign students only).
Note: This schedule is only applicable to Spring Semester 2023/’24 academic session.